Entrust Certificate Services Support Knowledge BaseLast Modified: 2016-09-07 15:42:18.0
How is the Chain Certificate installed on Windows Server 2012
Article Number: 46448
To install the chain certificate using MMC :
- Copy the Entrust chain certificate from the Cross-certificate tab of the certificate pickup page to a text file and save it as a .cer file on your web server.
The chain certificate can also be downloaded from: http://www.entrust.net/developer/index.cfm.
- Click Start > Run.
- Enter MMC and click OK.
- Go to File > Add/Remove Snap-in.
- Click Certificates, and select Add.
- Select Computer Account, and click Next.
- Select Local Computer and click Finish.
- Click FINISH and OK to go back to main MMC console window.
- Double-click Certificates (local computer) to expand its view.
- Right-click Certificates under Intermediate Certification Authorities and select All Tasks then Import.
- Complete the wizard to import the chain certificate. Browse to locate the chain certificate to be imported (.cer or .txt).
- Select Place all certificates in the following store and select the Intermediate Certificate Authorities store.
- Click Next; then click Finish to complete the wizard.
Right-click Intermediate Certification Authorities and select Refresh. Expand the view for Intermediate Certification Authorities and look in the certificates directory to verify that the certificate is installed correctly.