Entrust Certificate Services Support Knowledge BaseLast Modified: 2016-06-27 15:54:35.0
SSL/TLS Certificate Installation Instructions - CPanel
Article Number: 46520Entrust Certificate Services Support Knowledge Base
Last Modified: 2015-11-25 15:32:55.0
TN 8449 - SSL/TLS Certificate Installation Instructions - CPanelBefore you begin
- Never share private keys files.
- If you plan on using the same certificate on multiple servers always transfer the private key using a secure method (e-mail is not considered a secure method of transfer).
- It is best practice to ensure that you have current and up to date Ciphers and Protocols to ensure the best security when deploying a new Private key and Server Certificate.
- Make sure you run the SSL Server Test at the end of the installation process to check your certificate configuration against SSL/TLS Best Practices.
For more information on SSL/TLS Best Practices, click here.
1. Click the Download button in the pickup wizard to download your certificate files. Clicking the download button will produce a a zip file that contains the following files:
- ServerCertificate.crt: Your signed SSL/TLS certificate
- ChainBundle1.crt: The Entrust Certificate chain bundled in a single file
2. Login to your CPanel control panel and locate the SSL/TLS Manager.
3. Click on Generate, view, upload, or delete SSL certificates.
4. In the Upload a New Certificate section, click on the Browse button under the "Paste crt below" box and point to your Server Certificate file (ServerCertificate.crt) that you downloaded in the first step. Alternatively, you can also paste the server certificate into the box. To obtain your server certificate in a raw format, rename the ServerCertificate.crt file to ServerCertificate.txt, open the file in notepad, and copy and paste the certificate into the input box.
5. Click the Upload button.
6. Click Go Back and click Return to SSL Manager.
7. Click on Setup a SSL certificate to work with your site. If this option is not available, please contact your web hosting provider as this option may have been disabled.
8. Select the domain in question from the Domain drop down menu. If this option is not available or does not work, please contact your web hosting provider.
9. Under the CA Bundle box, click the browse button and point to the Chain Bundle file downloaded in step 1. If your CPanel interface does not display a browse button, you can paste the Chain Bundle into the input box. To obtain your server certificate in a raw format, rename the ChainBundle1.crt file to ChainBundle1.txt, open the file in notepad, and copy and paste the certificate into the box.
10. Click Install Certificate to complete the SSL installation and configuration process. You may need to contact your web hosting providing to restart the Apache services to complete the installation process. Double check your website to see if the new certificate is being presented.