Entrust Certificate Services Support Knowledge BaseLast Modified: 2016-07-05 09:06:31.0
Generic Instructions for installing the Server Certificate
Article Number: 44350
Question: How do I install the Server Certificate?
You must install your Server Certificate to provide secure access to your Web server. Follow these steps:
- Open a text editor.
- Select the Server Certificate in your Web browser (including the "----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----" and "-----END CERTIFICATE-----" lines).
- Paste the certificate into the text editor and save it as a file. If you are installing the certificate in a Microsoft Windows-based Web server, the file name should have the extension .crt or .cer (such as entrustcert.crt). Otherwise use the default file extension.
- Make a backup of the Server Certificate file on some form of removable media (such as a CD or USB drive) and store the backup in a secure location.
- Close the text editor.
- Install the certificate as described in your server's documentation or consult our Guides and Knowledge Base for assistance.
- Enable SSL in your Web server as described in your server's documentation.
- Entrust Certificate Services Wildcard Certificates Version Not Applicable Language Not Applicable Platform Not Applicable