Entrust Certificate Services Support Knowledge Base
Last Modified: 2011-08-16 11:48:30.0
TN 8166 - How is the Chain Certificate installed on Microsoft IIS 7?
How is the Chain Certificate installed on Microsoft IIS 7?
NOTE: These instructions apply to the following server types:
Microsoft IIS 7
Microsoft Exchange 2007 (Windows Server 2008)
Microsoft Exchange 2010
Microsoft Office Communications Server 2010
Microsoft Lync 2010
Microsoft Forefront TMG
To install the chain certificate using MMC
- Copy the Entrust chain certificate from the Cross-certificate tab of the certificate pickup page to a text file and save it as a .cer file on your web server.
The chain certificate can also be downloaded from: http://www.entrust.net/developer/index.cfm.
- Click Start > Run.
- Enter MMC and click OK.
- Go to File > Add/Remove Snap-in.
- Click Certificates, and select Add.
- Select Computer Account, and click Next.
- Select Local Computer and click Finish.
- Click OK to close the Snap-ins window.
- Double-click Certificates (local computer) to expand its view.
- Right-click Intermediate Certification Authorities and select All Tasks àImport.
- Complete the wizard to import the chain certificate. Browse to locate the chain certificate to be imported (*.cer).
- Select Place all certificates in the following store and select the Intermediate Certificate Authorities store.
- Click Next; then click Finish to complete the wizard.
Right-click Intermediate Certification Authorities and select Refresh. Expand the view for Intermediate Certification Authorities and look in the certificates directory to verify that the certificate is installed correctly.
- Entrust Certificate Services 1 Year Advantage SSL Certificate Version Not Applicable Language Not Applicable Platform Not Applicable