Entrust Certificate Services Support Knowledge BaseLast Modified: 2016-07-05 16:03:39.0
SSL/TLS Certificate Installation Instructions - F5 Firepass
Article Number: 46303Before you begin
- Never share private keys files.
- If you plan on using the same certificate on multiple servers always transfer the private key using a secure method (e-mail is not considered a secure method of transfer).
- It is best practice to ensure that you have current and up to date Ciphers and Protocols to ensure the best security when deploying a new Private key and Server Certificate.
- Make sure you run the SSL Server Test at the end of the installation process to check your certificate configuration against SSL/TLS Best Practices.
- For more information on SSL/TLS Best Practices, click here.
1. Click the Download button in the pickup wizard to download your certificate files. Clicking the download button will produce a a zip file that contains the following files:
- ServerCertificate.crt: Your signed SSL/TLS certificate
- ChainBundle1.crt: The Entrust Certificate chain bundled in a single file
2. Open the Admin Console in the F5 Firepass interface.
3. Click on Server.
4. Click on Security.
5. Click Install.
6. Open the ServerCertificate.crt file in Notepad. You may need to change the certificate extension to '.txt'. Paste the contents into the first box that says "Paste the new certificate in PEM format here".
7. Paste your private key file that you generate when you created your Certificate Signing Request (CSR) and requested your certificate into the box that says "Paste the corresponding cryptographic private key in PEM format here".
8. Open the ChainBundle1.crt file in Notepad. You may need to change the certificate extension to '.txt'. Paste the contents into the first box that says "Optionall, put your intermediate certificate chain here".
9. Click Go to complete the installation process.
- Entrust Certificate Services 1 Year Advantage SSL Certificate Version Not Applicable Language Not Applicable Platform Not Applicable