Entrust Certificate Services Support Knowledge BaseLast Modified: 2016-09-02 12:52:42.0
SSL/TLS Certificate Installation Instructions - Lotus Domino
Article Number: 46283Before you begin
- Never share private key files.
- If you plan on using the same certificate on multiple servers always transfer the private key using a secure method (e-mail is not considered a secure method of transfer).
- Make sure you run the SSL Server Test at the end of the installation process to check your certificate configuration against SSL/TLS Best Practices.
- For more information on SSL/TLS Best Practices, click here.
Installing your Entrust SSL/TLS Certificate on a Lotus Domino Server
1. Click the Download button in the pickup wizard to download your certificate files. Clicking the download button will produce a zip file that includes your Server Certificate, the Entrust chain/intermediate certificates(s) and the Entrust Root certificate. Extract the files from the zip file.
You must install these certificates in such a way that the certificate chain is built starting from the root level. You must install the certificates in this exact order:
2. Open the Server Certificate Administration utility on the server.
3. Select Install Trusted Root into Key Ring.
4. In the Key Ring File Name field, enter the name of the Key Ring file that you generated when you created your Certificate Signing Request. Under Certificate Source, select the File radio button and browse to the Root.crt file. If you get a message saying that this root is already installed, proceed to the next step.
5. For a second time, select Install Trusted Root into Key Ring and import the Intermediate2.crt file into the same key ring.
6. For a third time, select Install Trusted Root into Key Ring and import the Intermediate1.crt file into the same key ring.
7. Select Install Certificate into Key Ring.
8. In the Key Ring File Name field, enter the name of the Key Ring file that you generated when you created your Certificate Signing Request. Under Certificate Source, select the File radio button and browse to the ServerCertificate.crt file to complete the installation process.
- Entrust Certificate Services Enhanced Service Account Version Not Applicable Language Not Applicable Platform Not Applicable