Entrust Certificate Services Support Knowledge BaseLast Modified: 2016-07-05 15:40:15.0
How do I set up an Entrust SSL certificate with Kerio Webstar 5?
Article Number: 43347
How do I set up an Entrust SSL certificate for Kerio Webstar 5?
Before You Begin
It is strongly recommended that you take the following precautions to ensure that you will be able to install your Entrust SSL certificate:
! Do not use commas in any of the fields you fill in when creating your Certificate Signing Request (CSR). Commas are interpreted as the end of the field and will cause an invalid CSR to be generated.
! Do not use any of the following characters in the Web server Distinguished Name: ! @ # $ % ^ * ( ) ~ ? > < & / \
! When you generate your CSR, make sure you are logged in as an Administrator to the computer that hosts your Web server.
Testing of this product was used on a Mac OS X 10.4 running the Kerio Webstar 5 Trial.
Key pair and Certificate Signing Request (CSR) generation
1. Launch the WebStar Admin Client.
2. Under Web Server, click SSL Configurations.
3. In the menu, click Tools and choose Generate Keys and CSR.
4. In the Generate Key section, supply the following:
- Name: (a friendly name for the private key)
- Password: (enter a new private key password)
- Bits: (1024 or 2048 is supported) The recommended is 1024
5. Click the Generate Key button to generate your private key.
6. In the Generate Certificate Signing Request section, supply the following:
- Common Name (Normally, the public DNS site, such as http://www.entrust.com/)
- Organization (The full legal name of your business or organization)
- Organization Unit (A friendly name, such as IT dept)
- City/Locality (Your city or locality)
- Country (2 letter Country code)
- State/Province (Your state or province)
- Phone number, Fax and Email - Please do not use.
7. Choose your key that you created and type in the password.
8. Choose the default Normal Certificate and click Generate CSR.
9. Copy your CSR for Entrust to sign. Provide this during your Entrust SSL enrollment.
10. Close out of the tool and refresh your WebStar Admin client.
Installing your Entrust SSL certificate
1. Pick up your Entrust SSL certificate and copy the certificate including the -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- and -----END CERTIFICATE----- lines into a plain text file on your server. Copy this file (your Entrust SSL certificate) to your /Applications/Kerio WebStar/SSL Tools/ServerCerts/ directory.
2. Launch the Webstar Admin Client and click SSL Configurations.
3. Click the New button.
4. Type in the name and password to the private key you created in the Generate Key section.
5. Choose your key file from the drop down list (this is the private key you generated).
6. Choose your certificate file from the drop down list (this is the Entrust SSL certificate you copied to your ServerCerts directory).
7. Under Cipher Style, specify a cipher strength. You can choose simple or advanced.
8. Click SAVE.
Enabling SSL on Kerio WebStar 5 Webserver
1. Launch the Webstar Admin Client and click Web Connections under the Web Server option.
2. Click New and select All under IP Addresses or specify your site IP address.
3. For the port, type 443.
4. For SSL Config, select the drop-down list and choose the Entrust certificate keypair.
5. Click SAVE.
Please make a backup copy of your private key and Entrust SSL certificate. Theh default location is Applications/Kerio WebStar/SSL Tools/.
- Entrust Certificate Services 1 Year Advantage SSL Certificate Version Not Applicable Language Not Applicable Platform Not Applicable
- Entrust Certificate Services 1 Year SSL Certificate Version Not Applicable Language Not Applicable Platform Not Applicable
- Entrust Certificate Services 2 Year Advantage SSL Certificate Version Not Applicable Language Not Applicable Platform Not Applicable
- Entrust Certificate Services 2 Year SSL Certificate Version Not Applicable Language Not Applicable Platform Not Applicable
- Entrust Certificate Services Cert Admin Advantage Server Certificate 1 Year Version Not Applicable Language Not Applicable Platform Not Applicable
- Entrust Certificate Services Cert Admin Advantage Server Certificate 2 Year Version Not Applicable Language Not Applicable Platform Not Applicable